2008年5月9日 星期五

Interviewing Anna Karina on Thu 21 June 2001 法蘭西第四共和小俏妞












Anna Karina was interviewed by Colin MacCabe at the National Film Theatre on Thursday 21 June 2001 before a screening of Alphaville, part of the Godard season at the NFT.

















Becoming French





Anna Karina: Bonsoir

晚安。





Colin MacCabe: I know that people here will want to ask questions so I'm going to ask just a very few to start us off, and warm us up. The first thing I'm going to ask you Anna is to tell us about what you're doing now. I know you've just been shooting a film with Jonathan Demme, but you've also been telling me about an exciting development which I think you should share with the audience.



我知道現場很多影迷想問問題,本人將善盡拋磚引玉之職責所在。安娜安娜告訴我,妳最近都在忙些什麼?強納森德米電影拍攝中,但安娜有更酷炫的計畫要和影迷分享。





AK: Yes that's right, I just did... well I'm singing a song. I'm singing a tango would you believe [laughs]. I wrote the lyrics and it's a wonderful woman called Rachel Portman who wrote the music and Jonathan Demme is really a fantastic and lovely director and he's really so wonderful. We just finished this about one week ago in Paris. What else do you want to know?



是的……我在唱歌,唱探戈你相信嗎 (哈)?我負責寫詞,一位芳名瑞秋波曼的妙女郎譜曲,而強納森德米實在可愛又迷人。這是發生在巴黎一個禮拜前的事了,還有其他問題嗎?





CM: I want to know about your new career...



我想試探妳的演藝生涯第二春。





AK: well, right, it's true. Since one and a half years I'm doing concerts in France and Japan and all over Europe with a young group and we're singing French songs and we're having a great success. It's like a new life.



沒錯……十五個月內奔走於歐陸與東洋,和年輕團隊分享成功經驗,的確是演藝生涯第二春。





CM: We're hoping that... Anna has been to Japan and other countries and we're hoping that her band will arrive in Britain in the near future. If we wind back from the present to the past, could you tell us how you came to end up as a ... I mean you were born in Denmark and then you became a French star. How did that happen?



我們真心期待……安娜在日本和其他國家舉辦巡迴演唱會,我們日夜企盼安娜撥冗光臨大英帝國蓬蓽。如果時間能倒流,是否能告訴我們安娜是怎麼進化……我是說出生丹麥,然後成為法蘭西小俏妞。來龍去脈。





AK: I'm a fourth French [laughs]. I'm not a real Froggy but... Well I kind of figured.... Well... I came to France because I was a run-away girl. I went to France when I was sixteen-and-a-half because I had problems in my family like... so I came to France and I didn't have any money and all that so I made drawings on the road, on the streets to earn some money, but that didn't pay very well. So after a while I went to see the ...un curé, comment dire...a priest. On the Champs Elysees there's a kind of church, a Danish church, and I went to see the priest and I ask him if he could not find me a kind of room somewhere, and he did. So I lived there and I went around in Paris and suddenly I found a place where I thought was great and that was St Germain les Près. And then somebody asked me if I would like to make some pictures and I said, "Yes". I said, "Well, it might be dangerous..." at that time there was [...], you know, young girls to South America and all that. So I said, "well, if you come with a lot of people it will be okay." That was very naïve of course. But they did; they came with the hairdresser, with the assistants with the photographers and all the people arrived. So I did some pictures, and I was very excited because I earned some money to live, to eat. I was very skinny. I had one dress - a black dress I remember, and one pair of shoes - they were white. It was really not very.... So I did, it's becoming too long this story...



我是法蘭西第四共和小俏妞 (哈)。本人
並非生來就是個法蘭西小俏妞……這個嘛……唉喲……我為了當逃家小俏妞才跑到法國的。二八佳人和家裡相處不愉快才跑到法國,身無分文只好當起街頭小畫家,收入不十分優渥。沒多久我就去找沈夫……那個單字叫什麼來著……神父。香舍麗榭有個修道院,丹麥修道院,拜託神父尋我個安身之處。解決住宿問題後,來個花都一日遊,我發現聖傑曼德佩區是個好所在。接著有人想用小姐是否願意拍沙龍照的伎倆和我搭訕,我說好,其實在那時空背景下是有點不安全的,二八佳人被遣送到中南美洲的案例不是沒發生過。所以我補充:「本小姐拒絕孤男寡女共處一室」相當二八佳人我承認。但他們是認真的,造型師、助理人員、攝影師紛紛登場。於是我拍了些照片,賺了些外快飽足民生。我當時是排骨精,一套黑色洋裝,一雙鞋,雪白如白雪。那實在不是非常……我是不是該講重點了?





CM: Well, speed it up.



快馬加鞭。





AK: So I did these pictures and I said, "Can I get my money" and the lady said, "No, we have to release the pictures in the papers before you get paid." And I said, "Well that's terrible." She said, "Well, we'll give you some pictures to show and we'll give you some addresses to go and see some people." So I went to see Le Journal Elle. You've head about that? And Madame Lazares was there with another lady called Coco Chanel and Coco Chanel said, "Who are you?" and I said, "I'm just me - I'm called Anne Karine" She said, "Well - you wanna be an actress?" I said, "Yes" and she said, "You're gonna call yourself Anna Karina." Et c'est Coco Chanel qui ma donné mon nom. Par hasard. Et moi je savais pas qui c'était, j'ai dit, "Oui Madame." I didn't know who she was. Mais c'est la vie hein? J'avais 17 ans. C'est normal.



所以我拍了照片,然後說:「老娘可不是慈善家。」「在我們把照片刊登在報紙前妳都得當慈善家。」「法克尤。」「小姐小姐別生氣,通往大明星的康莊大道已經鋪妥。」於是我前去 ELLE 雜誌社,拉札蕾夫人和可可香奈兒首當其衝,可可香奈兒問本小姐怎麼稱呼,我答道:「本小姐就是我,安娜寇忍。」「想當女演員?」「酷炫。」「從今以後,安娜寇忍將改名為安娜卡麗娜。」這就是安娜卡麗娜的典故。我當時並不知道可可香奈兒是誰,我當時只有十七歲。



按:安娜本名 Hanne Karen Blarke Bayer。





photo4 ← Cate Blanchett is Coco Chanel























Meeting Godard







CM: And then the legend has it, you'll tell us whether it's true or not, that Godard saw one of these pictures. Is that right?



傳說高達相中其中幾張照片,是否為真?





AK: Well, afterwards, to earn my life I did a lot of pictures because I had to live, I had to eat. So he saw me in a publicity sample, for a soap. And then he asked me to come and see him so I got this letter and it said, "Would you like to come and see me? I want you to do a little thing in 'Breathless'." And I said, "What do I have to do?" He said, "You have to take your clothes off." So I said, "No, I'm not going to do that." So I went away. And then I forgot about this because you know... Three months later he asked me again and I didn't know so I had this rendezvous and so I came and ... this telegram, because you know at that time we didn't have all the stuff we have now... And it said, "Would you like to come and see Jean-Luc Godard chez ...". Et j'ai dit, "This time it might be for the great part, the first part, the leading role." So I said, "Well, this is a joke..." and I said to my friends, you know I had friends like Claude Brasseur, and [...] , and they said, "You must go and see this guy. He did a film. It's not out yet but everybody says it's fantastic." So I said, "What is this? It's Jean-Luc Godard. You must go and see this guy." So I went there and I he said to me, "Okay, come and sign this contract tomorrow." I said, "What? What is this?" I recognised his glasses, his dark glasses and I said, "I know I have to take my clothes off." He said, "No, no. It's a political film." "What!"



錢歹賺,拍照是為了謀生。他相中我眾多照片中的香皂廣告,情書寫著:「妳願意接受我即將驚世之作《斷了氣》御用女主角的頭銜嗎?」「你想怎樣?」「脫光妳的衣服。」「神經病!」老娘立刻閃人,試圖忘記方才的尷尬。三個月後變態墨鏡男再次邀約:「妳願意和尚‧盧‧高達在某時某地見面……這次會是美好時刻女主角。」「你搞笑功力有待加強。」朋友聽完力勸我接受變態墨鏡男的邀約,聽說他拍了部片,試映結果大家都說很屌,我說:「尚‧盧‧高達是吧!」三見鍾情變態墨鏡男開口:「筆在這,白紙黑字好說話。」「這是什麼東東?」我認出那深色墨鏡後的變態臉孔,脫口而出:「我就知道,妳又要我把衣服脫光光。」「不了,這次是政治電影。」「三小?」





[laughter]

噗噗。





I cannot speak. I'm 18 years old. I would never know how to do that Monsieur. He said, "Don't you worry. You just have to do what I tell you to do." I said, "Okay. But what do we have to do?" He said, "You just come with your mother tomorrow and sign your contract." I said, "But I can't do that. I'm under-age and my mother's not in Paris and I have to send..." And he said, "Oh la la la la. Your mother, your mother. Ask your mother to take the airplane." So I said, "My mother, she never took an airplane. And she doesn't want to do that maybe." "Oh la la la."



二八佳人初長成,十八歲的我辭窮了。真不知道該怎麼拿變態墨鏡男是好。他說:「請寬心,妳只要照我說的話,一個口令一個動作就好了。」「成,現在是怎樣?」「攜母陪伴,白紙黑字。」「這將面臨法律問題,本小姐為成年,正處於被羅曼波蘭斯基意淫的階段,法定代理人,母親是也,人又不在巴黎,我得寄封白紙黑字……」「嗚啦啦!妳知道這世界上有一種大眾運輸工具叫飛機嗎?」「我媽有懼高症,從沒坐過飛機,也不想坐飛機。」「嗚啦啦!」



So after a while I phoned my mother and said, "You've got to take the airplane to come and sign. And she did."



事到如今我只好硬著頭皮請我媽克服懼高症,她做到了。





洋娃娃‧魁儡‧史艷文





photo4 ← Cate Blanchett is Coco Chanel





















Anna Karina Soap Commercial (1959)

















5 則留言:

  1. 哈哈,很久沒來逛了(請原諒,北京的網路不方便上台灣部落格嘛...),輾轉從breeze1985小姐家又連到這裡
    來,我發現你翻譯真的超有趣(除了少許錯字...跟我一樣有這種毛病...不小心挑一個骨頭:在「三小?」前面
    那一句應該是「不不,這次是政治電影」,你不小心多打了一個「不」喔)。讚一個~~(肥內)

    版主回覆:(12/27/2011 03:04:48 PM)


    謝啦!肥內哥,祝你買碟買到爽。

    話說當初看光點的布列松對話就覺得肥內這個名字很厲害,我寫不出那種東西,就只好盡情扭曲原意,添加個人字彙,翻譯一些沒營養的東西哩!(新增凱特阿姐扮演可可香奈兒照片集)

    無意中翻著高達煞到安娜的香皂廣告,真是無時差感動!

    回覆刪除
  2. 光點的布列松對話?那東西說實在有點被Mike搞砸了說...因為我感覺他一直插嘴害我都沒辦法好好思考,哈
    哈。那也已經一年多,如今連Mike也踏上出國之路,跑去英國留學去了啦。(不過也因而再也不會有人會再跟我
    對談了..)
    話說Karina這廣告臉都被拉長了...可惜、可惜。其實真的不能怪高達傳給她的紙條,因為她在這裡既然已經可
    以一絲不掛了,為何不能就這樣來演電影呢?

    啊,我想到好像有一個地方也翻譯了這個訪談...在哪裡呢?......eureka!在這:
    http://www.mtime.com/my/moviegoer/blog/172880/
    去參考看看嚕~~

    版主回覆:(07/21/2008 03:42:26 PM)


    關於拒絕裸露一事,高達質問她:「我看妳拍廣告洗泡泡澡洗得那麼高興,怎麼不肯為我的 masterpiece 賞光呢?」

    Anna Karina 回說:「神經病!我在廣告可是全身包緊緊,你沒看到泡沫都到我脖子了嗎?衣服脫光光是你自己在幻想。」

    若安娜沒有拒絕,也就沒有後來的珍西寶,這樣想就可以哩!(對岸其實翻譯得挺不差)

    回覆刪除
  3. 冒昧問一句...我可以把這幾篇AK訪談貼到這裡:(http://www.douban.com/group/topic/3736081/)去
    嗎?因為我向對岸人推薦你的翻譯,卻碰巧遇上翻譯這篇的對岸網友...哈哈。貼過去算是交流囉。不過我怕他們
    不懂台客幽默...

    版主回覆:(07/22/2008 01:53:01 AM)


    請便,不過不是很習慣簡體字。我的翻譯真是相當台呀!

    回覆刪除
  4. 補充一下:
    Et c'est Coco Chanel qui ma donné mon nom. Par hasard. Et moi je savais pas qui
    c'était, j'ai dit, "Oui Madame." I didn't know who she was. Mais c'est la vie hein?
    J'avais 17 ans. C'est normal.
    所以是可可香奈兒幫我取了這名字,純屬巧合。而我,反正我不知道要幹嘛,就說「好啊,太太」我不知道她是
    誰,反正人生不就是這樣,我才17歲,很正常。

    版主回覆:(07/24/2008 02:01:24 PM)


    謝啦!不過為了閱讀順暢就先暫時不調整哩!

    回覆刪除
  5. 你的翻譯真的很台...且還需要有時代敏感度才行...
    不過貼過去,算是交流一下台客語是長怎樣。哈哈。
    我翻的那段法文就不用塞回去了,反正就像你說的,順就好。
    關於轉貼,謝啦。

    版主回覆:(07/24/2008 02:13:06 PM)


    正處於被羅曼波蘭斯基意淫的階段……完全不俱備信達雅精神。

    回覆刪除